Public Policy Platform
This document serves as a guide for the Murrieta Chamber of Commerce and its members addressing legislative and policy matters so that it can play an influential role in the legislative and regulatory processes.
Mission Statement: To advocate for policies that promote a friendlier business climate.
- Jobs: The Murrieta Chamber is committed to pursuing policies that create and retain good-paying jobs and strengthen our local economy.
- Employer Incentives: The Murrieta Chamber supports proposals to protect employers from higher costs and to provide meaningful incentives for employers to create new jobs and to strengthen our workforce pool.
- International Trade: The Murrieta Chamber supports trade and tourism initiatives to spur commerce and to maximize the city/state position in the global economy.
- Labor Standards: The Murrieta Chamber supports improving California’s competiveness with other states’ labor standards, particularly as they apply to wages and overtime rules.
- Workforce Education: The Murrieta Chamber supports a results-oriented approach to public education, workforce training and development to support the city/state job sectors.
- Health Care: The Murrieta Chamber supports policies that provide the broadest possible coverage without placing a disproportionate and undue burden on employers.
- Infrastructure: The Murrieta Chamber supports further investments into the region’s infrastructure in partnership with the private sector and by securing the region’s fair share of state and federal allocations.
- Water: The Murrieta Chamber supports proposals for a long-term, comprehensive state water plan that is reliable and includes conservation, new supply, storage and conveyance that is equitable for all Californians.
- Transportation: The Murrieta Chamber supports innovative funding allocations to accommodate increased mobility on the region’s highways and overall transportation system, including goods movement.
- Energy: The Murrieta Chamber supports policies that encourage reliable sources of affordable and diverse energy supplies, including renewable sources.
- Waste Management: The Murrieta Chamber supports policies that encourage realistic, fair and consistent water discharge requirements as well as policies on solid waste management so that the collection, transport, procession and disposal of solid waste is conducted with minimal impacts on our environment and on our businesses.Communications: The Murrieta Chamber supports uniform state and federal policies that encourage continued investment in telecommunications and improve access to new technologies.
- Land Use: The Murrieta Chamber supports land use policies that balance the needs of meeting affordable housing demands, creating new jobs, protecting industrial, commercial and agricultural zones as well as preserving open space and our quality of life.
- Housing: The Murrieta Chamber supports strategies that improve the region’s job/housing balance for all income levels throughout the region with conditions that any mandates be balanced with incentives for compliance.
- Governance: The Murrieta Chamber continues to support significant reforms to California’s political and budgeting processes as well as the state’s revenue structures.
- Budget: The Murrieta Chamber supports efforts to reform the California budgeting process and structure to encourage long-term fiscal stability and limits on spending growth with excess revenues put into reserves and/or back into local government.
- Ballot Initiatives: The Murrieta Chamber, when considering positions on ballot initiatives, supports those that seek to improve the region’s business climate and do not further burden the region’s and state’s fiscal health.
- Redistricting: The Murrieta Chamber supports measures to ensure that the Prop. 11 redistricting process will be open and transparent so that Californians from all sectors can fully participate.
- Elections: The Murrieta Chamber supports efforts to promote increased business participation in California’s political process.